The countdown to Golf’s New Rules has begun!
As you may know, the Rules of Golf and its Decisions have historically changed slightly every two to four years. However, the current rules modernization process, which will take effect on Jan. 1, 2019, marks the most significant change to the Rules of Golf since 1984.
Over the course of the next several months, the SCGA will be focusing on educating our members, member clubs, club officials, rules officials, and the Southern California golfing community through our various communication channels. We’d encourage you and your club members to be on the lookout for:
- Informative videos embedded in SCGA News featuring the most significant changes to the Rules;
- Helpful tips within the bi-weekly eRevision;
- Behind the scenes content in FORE magazine, and more!
As a club official, we’re also excited to offer you the opportunity to attend one of our 2019 SCGA Rules Seminars at no charge! Registration is now open (for club officials only) by clicking here.
Please note, we will use the USGA TM platform for workshop registration. If you have yet to create a USGA TM account, you will need to do so prior to registering (once you’ve identified the seminar you wish to attend, click “Sign In/Register” in the upper right-hand corner to create an account).
Finally, we will continue to use the Official’s Digest as a tool over the coming months to educate you about the effects of Golf’s New Rules on your club. We will touch on topics such as:
- New options for ways to mark your golf course and the impact of those decisions;
- Changes to the most common Local Rules, and how that may impact club-posted Local Rules, including those on the back of your scorecard;
- Upcoming changes to the Handicap and Course Rating Systems and how those changes may impact your club.
We look forward to supporting you and your club’s members as we welcome in Golf’s New Rules!