To prepare for the launch of the World Handicap System on Jan. 6, 2020, there will be scheduled GHIN maintenance from Jan. 1 until Jan. 5. During this time, you will be unable to update Handicap Indexes or post scores to GHIN from within USGA Tournament Management.
Below, we will discuss how you can prepare and what to expect during the maintenance window.
Preparing for GHIN Maintenance Window
If you have any events scheduled from Jan. 1-5, please take the following steps before Dec. 31, 2019:
- Refresh Your Master Roster from GHIN: Go to Customer Center > Master Roster > Refresh Master Roster from GHIN. After the refresh, propagate Handicap Indexes to all future events.
- Add Players to Events via Master Roster: For events taking place during the maintenance window, add your players via Master Roster (when possible). This can be done by importing players from the Master Roster. By doing this, the updated Handicap Indexes from your Master Roster refresh will be used.
- Download Your GHIN Roster: Access GHIN to download your current GHIN roster onto a spreadsheet. This spreadsheet will be able to serve as a reference for Handicap Indexes in case you need to add players manually. It can also be used to update event Handicap Indexes via spreadsheet.
Completing the above steps will ensure a smooth transition and minimize disruption to your normal tournament operations.
During GHIN Maintenance (Jan. 1-5)
During the maintenance period, you can expect the following:
- Updating Handicap Indexes from GHIN: If Handicap Indexes need to be updated for any events, they will need to be updated manually within the event roster or via spreadsheet.
- Posting Scores to GHIN: Scores from rounds played should be held and posted following the launch of the World Handicap System on Jan. 6.
- Master Roster Registration: Players looking to create a new user profile should be instructed to register after Jan. 6.
- Event Registration Eligibility Criteria: If using eligibility criteria for event registration, the player criteria of Handicap Index, affiliation, or member of association will not be updated until Jan. 6.
Other than what is described above, USGA Tournament Management will work as expected.
If you have any questions, contact Joe Cavallo at [email protected].